This agreement governs the use of wallacefoundation.org, and all of its content (the “Site”). Additional terms and conditions may be posted in specific areas of the website and, along with these terms, govern use of those areas. All the terms and conditions are collectively referred to as the "Agreement." Use of the Site constitutes binding acceptance of the terms and conditions in the Agreement.
This site was created and is maintained by The Wallace Foundation (the Foundation), which reserves the right to change or modify this Agreement at any time without prior notice.
Rights to wallacefoundation.org Content
The content included in the Site is either owned by the Foundation or owned by others and used with their permission. The content, including text, photographs, audio and video clips, graphics, software, links, discussion comments, and other materials, is or may be protected by various laws, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, or patent laws.
Visitors of the Site may use its content only for their personal, noncommercial use. Users may not modify copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, repost, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, or services obtained from the Site without the prior written permission of the owner of material. For permission, contact us.
The Site provides links to websites maintained by other organizations for informational purposes only and have no responsibility for the content of any website to which a link is provided.
Rules of Conduct on The Wallace Foundation Site
Users shall not post on the Site any content or links to content that:
- Violates the rights of others, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, patent rights, or the rights of privacy or publicity;
- Is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, vulgar, abusive, harassing, or threatening;
- Encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law;
- Contains viruses or worms or other contaminating or destructive features; or
- Restricts or inhibits any other user from the Site.
The Foundation reserves the right to monitor, move, edit, or delete content posted on or contributed to any and all sections of the website that they may determine, in their discretion, violates this Agreement or is otherwise unacceptable.
Notification of Copyright Infringement Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect our users to do the same. If you believe that any User Contributions or other materials on our Site violate your copyright, you may send a notice of copyright infringement. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA), we will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement appearing on our Site. A notice of copyright infringement should be submitted only by the copyright owner or an agent authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
If you request removal of content by submitting an infringement notification, please remember that you are initiating a legal process. Do not make false claims. Any misuse of this process may result in legal consequences. Be sure to consider whether any exception to copyright (e.g., fair use) applies before you submit a claim.
To report alleged copyright infringement taking place on or through our Site, the following notice of copyright infringement must be completed and delivered to our Designated Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of the Notice, we will take whatever action, in our sole discretion, we deem appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from our Site.
Your Notice must contain the following information:
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed. If numerous copyrighted works are covered by this Notice, you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material or link you claim is infringing and to which access is to be disabled, including, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site(s) or the exact location where such material may be found.
- A description of the nature and location of the material that you claim infringes your copyright, in sufficient detail to permit us to find and identify the material. For example, please provide a link to a specific blog post (not just the name of the blog) that contains the material and a description of which specific portion of the blog post (image, link, text, etc.) to which your complaint refers;
- Provide your full legal name, your company affiliation (if applicable), mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by you, the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of, the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
For your reference, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf.
We may provide links to other websites from time to time that are operated by third parties not affiliated with the Foundation. These links are provided for your convenience. We do not endorse or take responsibility for the content of those websites, are not responsible for the availability of them, and will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those websites. Different terms and conditions and privacy policies may apply to your use of any linked sites. If you decide to access linked websites, you do so at your own risk
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
Neither the Site nor the Foundation warrant:
- The accuracy of any content present on the Site;
- The fitness of any advice or strategy for any particular purpose;
- The results to be obtained from the use of any of the content;
- That the Site will be uninterrupted or error free;
- That any content available for downloading will be free of viruses, worms, or similar contamination or destructive features; or
- That any transmissions to or from the website will be confidential or free from interception by third persons.
The Site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Users agree to assume the entire risk associated with the quality and performance of the Site and the accuracy and completeness of content provided therein.
The Wallace Foundation shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use the Site. If users are dissatisfied with any portion of the Site or with any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the website.
Termination of Use
The Foundation reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate user access to the Site at any time for any reason without prior notice or liability. The Foundation may modify, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Site at any time without prior notice or liability.
This agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, and uses of the Site agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in New York, NY, the Borough of Manhattan.
Questions regarding these terms should be addressed to:
The Wallace Foundation
Address: 140 Broadway, New York, NY, 10005
Effective Date: November 16, 2023