1. Collection of Personal Information from Site Users
Information You Give to Us
We may collect some information, such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, address, and professional affiliation that you provide when you interact with us. Some examples are when you:
- Register with us;
- Correspond or communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; or
- Use our Site to interact with us.
Information Collected Automatically
Each time you visit the Site, we may automatically collect certain types of information. Some examples of automatic information we may collect are as follows:
- Your IP address, MAC address, browser type, operating system, device-identifying information, type of computer, and type of Web browser software, the specific webpages visited during your connection, and the domain name from which you accessed the Site.
- Information about your browsing behavior, such as the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Site, the number of times you return to the Site and other clickstream data.
- We may use “cookies” of different types to recognize your computer. A cookie is a small text file that a website, online application, or e-mail may save to your internet browser and/or your computer’s hard drive for use in subsequent visits to the Site or other sites.
We may use web beacons, match scripts, pixel tags or similar technologies that allow us to know if a particular web page was visited, an e-mail opened, or links in the email utilized. In some instances, these technologies may allow us to match activities with particular users.
We may combine the information we collect through cookies, web beacons, or other technology tools with other information we have collected from you or information from other sources.
2. Use of Personal Data Collected
- To provide information of interest to registered users;
- For marketing and promotional purposes;
- To develop new programs and services;
- For content improvement and research;
- To Respond to your inquiries; or
- To take other actions in response to your inquiries or other website activities.
3. Sharing or Disclosure of Your Personal Data
The Foundation is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. The Foundation will not sell or share user registration information with any third party without the user's consent except as follows:
- We work with business partners who support us. We also use outside service providers to facilitate the Site and overall operation, and to perform functions on our behalf, such as monitoring visitors to our Site, sending emails and promotional offers, analyzing data, storing data, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers are prohibited from using personal information for any other purpose and are contractually required to comply with all applicable laws and requirements.
- To the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws or valid legal processes, such as in response to subpoenas or court orders.
- To protect the rights and intellectual property of Future House.
- To investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our policies, or as otherwise required by law.
- In urgent circumstances to protect Future House or the personal safety of any individual.
4. Cookies and Other Aggregate Information
We or our partners may also use web beacons, which are electronic images that may be used on our websites or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Links to Other Websites
We also provide visitors to our website the opportunity to opt-in to receive communications from us. You are free to change your mind and to stop receiving emails from us at any time. You can either click and follow the unsubscribe button that appears in the footer of every email message we send you. You can also unsubscribe by using this form or emailing us at EmailAlerts@wallacefoundation.org.
6. Access to Personal Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer wish us to possess your information, you may request correction, updating, or deletion of your information by emailing us at EmailAlerts@wallacefoundation.org. Users also have the option to request their registration information be deleted from the wallacefoundation.org website at any time. To do so, contact us.
7. Data Security and Retention
We use industry-standard techniques on the Site to help to protect any personal information you have provided to us from loss, misuse or alteration. However, please be aware that no method of electronic storage can ever be 100% secure. Therefore, as is the case with any organization - we are not in a position to guarantee the absolute security of your information. In this regard, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data while you are on the Internet. At a minimum, we encourage you to make sure that you are using a secure browser as you surf the Internet.
8. Contact Details
The Wallace Foundation
Address: 140 Broadway, New York, NY, 10005