Public Policy Principles
When Wallace has evidence-based insights relevant to public policy in our focus areas, we share those insights with policymakers.
Six principes help guide our public policy work:
- We are committed to sharing only reliable, credible information and evidence.
- We work hard to be a nonpartisan “honest broker” of useful lessons and evidence.
- We recommend policy options only when we have experience and evidence of their effectiveness.
- We embrace the full range of evidence, including the limitations of our research and findings contrary to our own.
- We always present policy options, not a single prescription, so local communities can determine what best fits their needs.
- We always comply fully with the laws governing private foundation activities in public policy.